Mixing Powders (Bhringraj, Brahmi, and Organic Aloe Vera)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
SimplyBeautiful...
Mixing Powders (Bhringraj, Brahmi, and Organic Aloe Vera)
Hello, can I make a paste for my hair containing Bhringraj, Brahmi, and Organic Aloe Vera? I want to use these as an after shampoo treatment. Is it possible to add the paste to my conditioner? How do I do this? Thank you
HennaGal
admin
Re: Mixing Powders (Bhringraj, Brahmi, and Organic Aloe Vera)
I have never tried this combo, but it doesn't seem like they'd bother your color at all.  Are you using aloe vera oil, gel, powder?
SimplyBeautiful...
Hi! I was not worried about the color as much as the interaction between herbs. I'm using Aloe Vera Powder.
HennaGal
admin
I can't be much help with mixing those, as we haven't lab tested or used them before. Aloe Vera powder, i usually mix with warm water to a paste. The LHC might have some better info: http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/indexvba.php
SimplyBeautiful...
oh ok. I don't think it'll be a problem but I'd rather ask first. Thanks for being so responsive. You know we don't ask for instructions until we're at the fire and in the midst of it all.
HennaGal
admin
of course =D
SimplyBeautiful...
Hello,

Today was wash day after my henna treatment. I washed my hair and my daughter's hair with Henna Sooq's Cocoveda Shampoo Bar. Then I made a paste consisting of 2tbs of Neem, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Shikakai, Cassia, Amla, Aloe Vera, and coconut oil. I mixed it all with hot water and let it sit for 30 minutes. After we washed our hair, I applied the paste. I forgot to mention we added vanilla and rosemary essential oils. We left the paste on for 3 hours. It took a tub full of water to rinse out of my daughter's hair. I rinsed mine out in the shower with conditioner. Our hair was much stronger and we did not comb out much hair at all. I know this is very beneficial for our hair. I also know this is something that has to be done on a weekend because it takes a long time. What I'd like to know is how often I should do this conditioning treatment. I'm storing all my powders in the refridgerator. Is that recommended?
HennaGal
admin
cassia and amla stay the freshest in the freezer. I'm not sure about the others. you might ask around on the LHC http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/indexvba.php.