Hello beautiful artists, a question for you

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
EllaBalu
Hello beautiful artists, a question for you

Greetings from a newbie to this site :-).

I am trying to put together a blend of Henna. so ive been doing much research. I have come across other artists mixing 2 hennas from different regions together, what is the benefit of this practice? I have not yet tried it myself, but I am seriously considering doing so. I have to order my supplies as the henna I had accessed locally was purchased at 2 different grocery stores and were not fresh and were even "polished." I am attempting to get the most beautiful, dark cherry stain I can, with a decent stringiness. Does anyone have any experience with this?   ~Ella

Jen
Re: Hello beautiful artists, a question for you
Mixing the two poor quality hennas that you have obviously won't improve your situation, but people do often blend their hennas. Mixing something creamy like Jamila with a particularly stringy henna such some from Rajasthan or Morocco can can creat a perfect happy medium that offers a little bit of stretch for draping lines, but not so stringy as to be unmanageable.
EllaBalu
Thank you Jen :-) i'm considering which hennas to buy. Do you know if all Pakistani hennas are creamy or is it just Jamilia? Due to my unfortunate purchases, I have plenty of henna to use for practice, but none id put on another person. its just not a beautiful colour. Is it optimal to blend, or unnecessary in your opinion? ~Ella 
Jen
To be honest, I've never tried a Pakistani henna other than Jamila! Blending is just a matter of personal preference. If you find a powder that mixes to a perfect texture without blending then there's no need for the extra effort.
EllaBalu
There seems to be few hard and fast rules to this Henna art Game. Thanks Jen