Darkest Henna?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
shelbyisathug
Darkest Henna?
Hello all! I've experimented a bit with henna mixes and found that pre-mixed cones work much better for me. It's sort of like a- whenever I see a new tube I buy it- sort of thing. And the darkest one I have found I found 8 hours away from me in a little foreign shop. Any suggestions on what to use and where to buy it online? What do you guys use? Thanks!
Jen
Re: Darkest Henna?
Mehandi.com (sponsors this forum) sells premixed paste and cones. You do have to fill the cones on your own.

I can't recommend imported premade cones from shops at all. They have chemical ingredients that can range from dyes to kerosene! Natural paste should loose it ability to stain after a few days at room temp. Anything that can sit out on a store shelf is full of chemicals!

I'd strongly suggest that you keep trying to mix your own as the small amount of effort will save you a great deal of money. Maybe you've just been using low quality powder! But if you have to buy premade, buy it from someone who also does henna for clients. They must be able to make a good paste or they wouldn't have any clients!
shelbyisathug
Interesting! thanks for the info, Jen. I'm doing a little henna shinndig for a friend on the 14th, and I'll be out of town for the week leading up to it, so I don't have too much time to experiment with mixing henna before it's time to do it. Could you help me out with your favorite henna recipe and where you buy the supplies? Sorry I have so many questions, but I'm glad you know what you're doing! And I'm glad you're sharing your knowledge with all of us (:
Jen
Some posts had to be removed by this thread admin. This forum is owned and operated by Mehandi.com and due to liability and insurance issues other brand cannot be discussed here. My apologies.
shelbyisathug
Oh you have no reason to apologize! This site has already helped me out a ton a ton a ton! So, out of the henna powders that you guys carry, do you have a favorite? and do you have a favorite oil to use along with it?