Is this what I think it is?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Viljaana
Is this what I think it is?
I occasionally make Google search about henna in my country. Last time I came by to a tattoo parlour that advertices this: http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/Valaanna/black.jpg

In their web site thay claim (free translation): " In Europe Indian black is more popular that it's historical sister [natural henna]. --- We buy our henna and mehandi oils directly from Indian temple henna artists. --- We are the only ones in the country that imports both black and red henna and mehandi oils for them".

This is what I think it is, right? Should I report them to the authorities? In Europe, chemical regulations are very strickt (I know, I'm both chemist and henna artist) and there is no way of using hair dyes such as PPD on skin to be legal.
Jen
Re: Is this what I think it is?
I'm sure it is what you think it is, but I can't see the page. I got an error message.

Such misleading (ok its lies) about "directly from indian temple henna artists." yuck.

Yes, my understanding is that ppd is a reportable offense in the EU. If the company is located there reporting may actually be helpful. My experience here in the US is that the successfully sellers of ppd laden product are out of country and therefore outside the law.
Viljaana
The link seemed to work fine when I posted it, but now it won't work for me either. However it does work, if I copy paste it to my browser. Funny internet.

I didn't want to put direct link to the website, as I don't want to rise puplic witch hunt against them. So I only borrowed one picture for educational purposes.

But yes, the text seemed pretty bad to me too. I only posted the worst parts, but you get the idea. The pictures showed yet black oillike subtance on skin. They said it lasts weeks on skin, so it can not be other than PPD.
Jen
So why protect them? A witch hunt may indeed be what they need! I certainly wouldn't hesitate to report them if they are within the EU.