Moist palms

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Viljaana
Moist palms

This isn't very lady like, but you who do lots of bridals must have encountered this many times: people with moist (sweaty) palms. How do you deal with them?

I myself have pair of those (=I sweat like a little pig. yack). My paste stains beautifully on my feet, back and wrists, but every time I try it on my palm, the desing bleeds. This is not just a sealing proplem - the paste never dries on my palms. This could mean a killer stain if it wouldn't smudge so much.

What shoudl I do? Make a "palm paste" with less sugar? By a hair dryer? Wrap with ton of toilet paper or cotton balls to absorb the moisture and hope for the best? Sit still palms up for few hours, hope that the paste has stained well enough and wash it off?

Or just give up and keep my palms desing free?

Jen
Re: Moist palms

I have this problem too! Luckily I haven't encountered it with paying clients though.

I do, in fact, hit my palm with a hair dryer. After that I put a wad of bathroom tissue in the middle of my palm, and wrap around it with more tissue, so I look like a mummy when I'm done! I don't do any other form of sealing for myeself. It only seems to cause me problems.

Viljaana
Thank you, Jen!

I though I might be the only one with such a unladylike problem... I have to borrow a hair dryer from somewhere and try that (Yes, I do not own one, weird woman).
Viljaana
Thanks again, Jen!

I finally tried my palms again. I did not have a hair dryer but no sealing seemed to help a lot. I did not get as good stain I hoped for (maybe my super soft baby hand have something to do with that), but the design did not bleed neither. So huge progress!