cone help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
leapfrog
cone help
How do you keep the cone rolled down when working on your own hand??
Jen
Re: cone help
Ha! Good question! I'm sure there's more than one way to go about it, but here's what I do. I use about 4 cones. I do the finger tips last so I can use them to keep rolling and taping my cones as I use them. That way when I get to the fingers I can make sure to have 4 nice tight cones to get me through the end of the work. When I'm done I pop all those cones in the freezer for later.
leapfrog
I'm going to have to try that. I may also have to employ the help of my boyfriend. If he can't help feed the snakes he can help me roll down cones.
WednesdayRowan
I cheat... I use a tiny "c" clip, the office clips, usually black metal with silver handles on each side, the tiny ones don't weigh enough to make the weight of them awkward while working. I use them to hold cones rolled when I make them in advance, you can re-roll the end to keep it where you want it.
Jen
I've been meaning to try this for a while! I have to go to staples today. Maybe I'll remember to pick some up. I don't think this solves the self-application fingertip issue tho, does it? You still need your fingertips to adjust the clips, yes?
cordiemilo
I found cones frustrating too, and now use mini 2x3" ziplock baggies, then cut the corner and use as I would a cone.  It works great, and there is less material to keep rolled down, but it will never squish out the top because of the ziplock.  A cone-type application is best for me, as the plastic containers are just hard to squeeze when they start to empty!  I do have small hands though, and have found that people with larger hands have a harder time holding the small baggie.  Do give it a try though...love it!