tea tree vs eucalyptus globulus

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
leapfrog
tea tree vs eucalyptus globulus
Anyone have any thoughts?? I got some euc oil and decided to try it out, it was way cheaper, it's giving me some awesome color. Way Dr than tea tree.
Jen
Re: tea tree vs eucalyptus globulus
If you're sure you've got globulus, and you're sure its fresh and good quality, I think it's a fine choice. The problem is that people often don't know exactly what variety the have and it's sometimes named inaccurately. Other varieties of Eucalyptus are NOT such good choices. It all depends on how much you trust the supplier/manufacturer. Tea tree, on the other hand is well regulated and won't make it out of Australia unless its pure, and high quality. Anywhere you buy it you can pretty much count on it being good stuff. Quality and accurate labeling aside both are good terps.
leapfrog
The label says globulus and it smells just like halls. I got it at a corporate store, so I'm not exactly sure of the freshness. I really like the smell. Kind of reminds me of caje once its in the mix.
Jen
That sounds about right, but if you're not sure its fresh, it may not do as much to deepen color as you'd hope. No harm in it though.
leapfrog
in comparison to the jamila with no oils, its like 10 times darker and it stains to a bright orange in about 5 minutes. it stains crazy fast.
Jen
Great! Keep in mind that even when you get those bright stains fast, the color won't develop properly or last long. That a good thing if you're just checking or dye release though! Otherwise I'd constant be covered in polka dots!
leapfrog
I've noticed