Bridal henna

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
hennabyhailey
Bridal henna

Just starting to do some bridal henna. I am not sure where to start...top of hands or palms. What do you set the hands on then while you are working on them so they don't smudge.

Also what do you charge...by the hour or one set price.

Thanks 

Hailey 

Jen
Re: Bridal henna

I do palms first, then feet, which gives the palms some time to dry. Then I have her gently rest the tips of her fingers and wrists on a paper towel so I can do the backs of her hands. By this time the henna is dry enough not to smudge. The worst that will happen is that her fingers and wrists will stick to the towel a bit. 

I charge for bridal henna by a package price which is based on the degree of coverage and detail. That way I'm charging based rougly on how much time it will take, but I'm not putting the burden on the client if I'm having a slow day. I do charge hourly for the bridal party/sangeet/guests.

hennabyhailey

Thanks for your help.

hennaqueen

Hi, I have been doing bridal henna for over 15 years.  I do my henna on the table, I start with inside of both hands, than go to the feet (this gives the inside of the hands a little time to dry) after the feet I start with the top of the hands. The insides are usually dry enough to put on the table.  this works out well..

hennaqueen

My bridal rates start at $125 and go up from there depending on the design and how intricate the design is and how far up and arms and legs the bride wants the henna.. For non bridal I do hourly or per hand.. Bridal rates are always a flat rate. 

Sam

Hey 

I have recently started a henna business too and have few years experience. It depends if your client wants there arms designed too, if they do you should start from the wrist going towards the hand, this gives the wrist area time to dry so you can carry on towards the upper arm. Then design the feet and legs, then go back to the hands and design the other side. The tip is to make sure they are comfortable and to keep there hands on the table, also have a towel or a cloth so nothing gets messy. You can have a look at my website for more detail on prices but i usually start with one side of the hand at five pounds ranging to higher prices according to the design. Take a look at my website and see what you think, www.bridalhenna.ditsol.co.uk

Thankyou