1st time henna looking for a certain color

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Janay
1st time henna looking for a certain color

I last dyed my hair about two months ago and my roots are coming in my hair is also all natural. I would like my hair color after the henna to be a deep vibrant red color. I was thinking since I didn't want to much orange tone should I dye my hair a lighter cooler brown then do the henna or actually dye my hair a red color and just let the henna enhance either way I know I have to dye my hair because it's way too dark to get the color i would like also since I want a lot of color I would use the Rajasthani Twilight right?  I want the color of Catherine's hennaed hair my hair is currently a very dark auburn.   

Carrie
Re: 1st time henna looking for a certain color

Dyeing your hair a lighter color than its current very dark auburn will allow you to get a brighter red with henna, that's true. The upkeep on that is a bit more work; you'll need to chemically bleach or dye the roots each time before you touch them up with henna. Whether you choose to dye a lighter brown or a red is up to you, you'll just need to do the same each time you do roots. A chemical red would give the brightest red color with henna.

You may not need something as strong as Twilight but you could get it, do a strand test, and if it is too strong and dark, you could dilute it with conditioner (make a gloss out of it) so you get a red color that's less dark.

Janay

Thanks for the reply hoow long should I wait to henna after I dye my hair

Janay

Thanks I think I'm going to go with a light brown to get a cooler undertone how soon can i henna after I dye I'd like to be able to do it asap.

Carrie

As soon as you want, but you may want to wait however long you normally wait before you shampoo.