Henndego

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
HennaGoddess654
Henndego

I have been a henna artist for 9 years now and have only ever used henna that I have make from scratch myself. I'm now experementing with henndigo mixies and I'm not having very much success. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everytime I mix the set henna with the indigo and wait the 10 minuets that is required for the indigo to set it doesn't stain for some reason. I mix my henna with lemon juice, tea tree oil, red rose tea. I let that set over night for dye release and then I add in the indigo just before I'm ready to use it. It never stains! Nothing, not even a faint stain.  What am I doing wrong?

Jen
Re: Henndego

Henna and indigo mixed into one paste doesn't work for body art, its used for hair! You're not doing anything wrong if you want to dye your hair brown! 

Are you looking for a black or temporary tattoo? If so you'll have to consider different products like temput. This won't stain skin like henna. Its actually a paint that sits on the surface of the skin, but with proper care it can last 3 days to a week.

HennaGoddess654

some one may want to look into [edited by admin to remove link] then, because they are selling something they're marketing as henndego. They clame it's a mixture of henna and indigo and that you can use it to tattoo the skin with it leaving a temp black tattoo. Thank you for answering my question, now I know why my mix never works. I have used it to dye my hair and I love the color that I always get! :D 

[sorry our insurance coverage does not permit us to link to outside products.]

Jen

Hi HennaGoddess,

You may notice that company also has tubes of colored "natural henna' paste. That is also bologna.

The thing is that henna and indigo prefer opposite environments to release their dye. (that's whey they are mixed individually in hair coloring techniques) I would tend to assume that a product for body art with both would perform poorly and be unreliable. Sure you can put them both in a product but it doens't make it a good one!