Went to Summerfest (Milwaukee) last night and checked out the henna booth....

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
redfox
Went to Summerfest (Milwaukee) last night and checked out the henna booth....

0.o  Wow, it was not what I expected.  I didn't ask if it was anyone from the board, but whomever it was... they seemed less than enthusiastic.  I hung around the tent (which had 3 workers and no customers) for a good 5 minutes, and none of them said anything to me.  When I finally asked a question, they didn't seem interested in answering it, and I was surprised at the prices too.

Is $20 dollars the average price for a henna that could take me less than 5 minutes to make?  They were really very simple designs, and they just seemed overpriced to me.  But, I've never worked a booth before so I don't know.

I guess I was just a little surprised at the way they did their business, it just didn't come across like they wanted to be there at all.  :(

kendraw00
Re: Went to Summerfest (Milwaukee) last night and checked ...

hmmm...doesn't sound like it was one of us...it MIGHT be the same people that work Bristol Ren Faire...since it is closer to that than Chicago. I've never seen them on here and they don't advertise in the Chicago region, but who knows.....

As for pricing, some people do price high at festivals. Some of us go lower. I usually follow the size/intriciacy of the design rule, not generally how long it takes me to make it, otherwise I'd be only charging $1 for some designs! But I go by Henna Caravan's suggestions for pricing, like the Fab $5 and Fab $10 ebooks, which have designs that they would suggest be $5 or $10 each. For $20 at a festival it would be more like a Sangeet Strip. 

I hope that answers your question. The only other thing I can say is that at festvials like Summerfest, the booth fees are HIGH, and so the pricing probably also reflects that. 

As for their customer service aspect...well, they won't get customers that way. I am very friendly and outgoing and encourage people to come into my booth and ask questions. And anyone I have doing booth babe duties would be expected to be the same way. 

ladytetsu

what would you do if it turned out that WAS someone from around here?  Ouch. . .

redfox

It really would surprise me if it was someone from here, since everyone on here seems so much nicer and reasonable :)  I guess that's why I was so surprised at the way they treated me as a potential customer.  I really didn't feel welcome there.