Looking for new recipe

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
SUnderhill
Looking for new recipe

I've been using the same henna recipe for years and am disappointed in how my stains are turning out.  I'm going to try the Celebration henna.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)
Re: Looking for new recipe

try the KISS recipe, never fails us. 

Jen

Celebration seems to be fairly quick, even with lemon juice. Mine seems to be done in about 10 hours at 75 or 80 degrees.

Blurberrybuzz

Now that the weather has warmed up in Minnesota, I'm getting fast dye release and it's ready in 12 hours at room temperature.

2T Celebration

3tsp fructose

1 1/2 to 2 tsp of wyndmere brand french lavender and tea tree oil (50-50)

lemon juice.

Mix well, Mix well, Mix well.  Celebration clumps on me and gives me some dry spots if I don't mix thoroughly.  It's also a slick henna.  I'm getting wicked dark stains on parts of the body that don't always stain well.  Here's my last go with it.  I two toned it too :)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4744925544_17c76533e3.jpg

Victoria

jessinthedesert

Holy cow!!! I just can't get over these pics I'm seeing of the celebration henna! I've never seen results like this before!! apparently I should've gotten them with my last year's Jamilla (which, incidentally, must be celebration only a different crop with more lawsone? The bags say Jamilla 09..) but must have botched something up repeatedly.

I have celebration dye-releasing right now with the KISS recipe. I will be oh-so-disapppointed if I don't get similar results!! Hopefully I will post similar pics soon!

ps...what do you mean when you say you 'two toned' it?

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

two tone henna is done in a 2 step process, and this book is made especially for those two toned designs. I think it looks nicer than "shading" because it is a cleaner look to me.

http://www.tapdancinglizard.com/arabesque/index.html

SUnderhill

How well does eucalyptus oil work?  That's what I've got right now and what I've used in the past.  I would like to purchase something new.  Can you make any suggestions?  I've heard that cajeput and lavender are good.