New to henna, want to order!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
apegrape85
New to henna, want to order!

Hey everyone,

I'm very new to henna, my mom had bought me a kit years ago which I finally cracked open the other day and had a blast with.  Color came out kinda orangy but it was very old in the instructions kinda sucked.

Anyway I want to buy some more and I was just wondering which you would suggest?  I want to start simple just 1 kind I don't want to get complicated and mixing or anything yet but I do want one a little stringy (mine wasn't and was a little difficult to work with) and obviously one that can hold some good color.  But I deffinitly want one that doesnt have pesticides or lead or anything..eeek!

I looked through this website and the Henna Caravan and honestly I just have no idea which to get.  I was also concidering getting a package that has some cones it it too, but I'm pretty much open to whatever.

Any suggestion for some starter self hobbying would be fabulous.

Thanks!

April

apegrape85
Re: New to henna, want to order!

Anyone?? =)

Seryph

I recommend getting yourself a small starter kit, my friends and I have always found them really helpful. I've had one from the Henna Caravan, and I like the one from here too.

apegrape85

Thank you for replying!  I'm gonna get a small kit.

Does anyone know if all the henna on this site is "clean" (no lead or pesticides) or is it only the "purity" brand?  I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

April

Jen

Purity is what I'd choose. We also have henna for African Hair and some lower dye content hennas that are completely clean, but I really think its best to go for higher dye content hennas when using it for body art. 

The Rajasthani Monsoon henna, which is a little more stringy, is out for testing. We haven't gotten the lab results back on that one yet.

The key point is that we are the ONLY complany I know of testing this stuff at an independant lab, so if you buy somewhere else, you won't know if there's any traces of those chemicals!

Tenaya

I've never ordered from Henna Caravan, I'm sure they have good henna, but I wouldn't know.  Everything I've ordered from Henna Page has always worked beautifully, and everything is pretty clean, some have "traces" of pesticides, which I think are too minute to worry about (and I have very sensitive skin).  I ordered a bunch of the samples from the "000 Sale!" page, not realizing several were intended for hair and lower dye content, but they still stain really well on skin.  Go ahead and try some samples and/or small sale packets, then you can play with a few.

Jen

As far as those 'traces' are concerned, you won't see that at other shops, but that's just because they're not looking for them. To my knowledge we're the only company testing for these things at an independent lab. If it makes you nervous, you can always choose a henna that tested totally clean! That's why we test. So you can have ALL the information, and make your own decisions!

samyk

You can go to [edited by admin to remove link] and order quality henna from there next time. That's where I get mine. I love the Jamila henna and they also have cones. It a web site for all things global around the world.

Jen

I'm afraid that for insurance reasons, we cannot allow posts to products other than our own on this forum, but I have to say that was not a great suggestion anyway. They were asking roughly TWICE the going rate for Jamila, and other henna and henna related products were priced WAY out of this world too. If that's your source for henna and supplies I would really do some more shopping. You'll be pleasantly surprised!